Sunday, March 1, 2009

Crucial Barbeque... Kansas City



About a year ago i had to travel to kansas city for my brother in laws wedding, before my wife had even paid for the airline ticket's i was already on the interwebz scouting out kc's best bbq joints. The one that seemed to intrigue me the most was the famous AURTHUR BRYANTS. It was the joint with most history and when i asked the locals they all said " If you want real kc bbq then you have to go to aurthur bryants". I took there word for it and on saturday afternoon i headed over to 18th and brooklyn to the original aurthur bryants. Now i knew i was in for a treat when i opened the door and the floor was so greasy it was like walking on ice! Lucky for me it wasn't to crowded cause i hear sometime the lines go out the front door. I made my way to the counter and i just had to get the sliced pork sandwich with fries. Tara decided to get the sliced turkey and a side of green cole slaw. The food came super quick and within three minutes we were eating and let me say it was GREAT. On the table you had the choice of  three different bbq sauces. I went with the original and it was perfect. Tara's turkey was also excellent and the fries were good. We left the restaurant in a comatose state and went back to our hotel for a nap like two bears going into hibernation.  "Would eat again." P.O.E.O

No comments:

Post a Comment